Why are men not expected to dress well ?

Posted on: 4.16.2018

Why are men not expected to dress well? And why are women expected to do so? Women are expected to look their best and are even EXPECTED to always wear a new outfit daily.

It is expensive to dress well, no? And when men have such high expectations for our dress but in the same BREATH are not offering us the same salary, how can they expect us to maintain these standards?

For those of us, like me, that do not have a monetary support system other than me, myself and I  - I wonder, how in the world am I expected to keep up and look just as good as the person sitting next to me? The person who has a wealthy husband, boyfriend or parents. Or who maybe has had a better salary their entire lives due to being Caucasian.

Doesn't it affect your view of me if I am not dressed my best? Doesn't it look like I don't care?

Well wake the fuck up MR. ...I do care, I want to look my best, I want to look 100% EVERY FUCKING DAY, but it can cost up to $3k a month JUST to keep up a woman's "look":

1. Hair - $300
2. Nails - $80
3. Makeup - $80
4. Skincare - $200
5. Outfit (and I mean a nice work outfit, not H&M) - $1000+
6. Oh that Louie Vuitton bag all those girls' husbands bought them? $4k bitch. Where's my 4k??

So when you are judging me for the clothes I am wearing, my messed up hair,  my same everyday heels, and my same faux leather bag, remember, are you PAYING ME to look good?

Dear Mr. Patriarchy: I can feel your subliminal judgement towards me. You have two options now. Either pay up, or shut up.

0 comments:

Newsletter Sign Up

Featured Post

Were you silent or were you silenced?

I wrote this poem about a month ago, but it is very relevant to pop culture right now.  The sound of a woman's gathering, how comforting...

annabellalovesss All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger