How to Detox + Skincare After the Holidays.

Posted on: 1.05.2019

I have had a few requests to write about skincare so here it goes. About four times a year I go to the spa with my sister and I get a facial. I love going to a spa with amenities because then I can spend literally the entire day there and relax - I can use the jacuzzi, the steam room, sauna, showers and iced towels - yum!


So when we first arrived they walked us over to the locker rooms and provide us with a robe and slippers, the mood is so nice I immediately relax. You have the option of going as early as you would like and “checking in”. I prefer to use the amenities after the facial. Then they walk you over to the rooms once you are changed and your therapist comes to get you.

When I get a facial, I make sure to always get one that has a glycolic exfoliator of some sort (not necessarily a glycol peel because that’s a little too intense I think) - I got the “Urban Radiance” facial at the St. Regis in San Francisco. It’s expensive but so worth it!

Product my esthetician always recommends: Vitamin C serum, hyaluronic acid, glycolic. For some reason they don't recommend retinol for me, maybe because I don’t have many brown spots? They recommended retinol to my sister. In the past, I have received a “Fraxel” laser for my face at a plastic surgeon’s skincare office, which basically took off multiple layers of my skin, my skin was peeling for almost two weeks! I believe this is why I have less brown spots & acne scars. So after the facial they give you some water and usually have a snack room. I usually grab fruit and chocolate and some champagne of course!

Then we return back upstairs to the women’s lounge which has the jacuzzi, steam room & sauna. I usually spend a lot of time in the jacuzzi but without wiping my face to save the serums they just added. Then I go to the steam room after and then lounge at the amazing pool they have.


This experience for me is a blend of skincare & SELFCARE which is so important! I love letting go of everything and existing in a space that makes you feel so far away from the rest of the world. I am big on yoga & meditation and this is definitely an addition to my practice that further supports my care.


0 comments:

Newsletter Sign Up

Featured Post

Were you silent or were you silenced?

I wrote this poem about a month ago, but it is very relevant to pop culture right now.  The sound of a woman's gathering, how comforting...

annabellalovesss All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger