The male gaze.

Posted on: 3.25.2021

Many many years ago, I allowed a male into my fortress.

He STOMPED into my apartment with his brute male energy force.

He sat down and GAZED, with judgement, at my intentionally undyed hair, with grays.

Instead of renouncing his power amidst my goddess vibes.

Like um excuse me, did you not notice this divine energy?

This energy that I've summoned from the goddesses upon high.

This energy that I've spent years cultivating, healing, protecting.

This energy that only deserves the presence of the highest.

And you didn't NOTICE it?

He wiped out my female energy with his

And chose to speak to me from his mind

As I speak from my heart

There was no exchange of understanding.

I couldn't hear him.

I couldn't speak.

Goddess doesn't come through when she isn't being honored.

If you are not bowing at my throne or devouring me.

You gotta go.

September 2020.

That was the last time I ever had a male over.


0 comments:

Newsletter Sign Up

Featured Post

Were you silent or were you silenced?

I wrote this poem about a month ago, but it is very relevant to pop culture right now.  The sound of a woman's gathering, how comforting...

annabellalovesss All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger